An App that’s just for Admins! SalesforceA.
During Dreamforce 13, Mark Beniof, Founder, Chairman and CEO of salesforce.com acknowledged the importance of the role of the System Administrator during his keynote speech and announced a new mobile App designed exclusively for System Administrators.
Introducing SalesforceA …
The SalesforceA app allows System Administrators to perform some basic User administration tasks from anywhere using their mobile device.
- View Frozen or Lock Out users from the Home Screen
- Freeze users: In Winter ’14 Salesforce introduced a new “Freezing” feature which prevents a user from logging in without deactivating them. This is very useful if the user has workflows or approvals associated to them or is the default lead owner.
- Unlock users who forget their passwords and find themselves locked out.
- Easily search for, view and edit a User record
- Permission sets! Although you can’t (yet) create a new permission set within the app, you can assign or un-assign a permission set to a User
- Links to Salesforce Ideas, Answers, User Groups, MVP Blog, Events and
- Access Salesforce Release notes
Although this current release doesn’t allow you to create a new User or Permission set, just the ability to unlock passwords or freeze users while on the go is a valuable tool for any Admin that’s been faced with a User who’s run out of password attempts or has had to quickly disable access to a suddenly departed User.
These features alone make the App worth downloading and with Salesforce’s history of regular App updates introducing new features and functionality, this very useful app can really only get better.