We are all aware of just how important is to stand out in the job market when seeking employment or to remain competitive within our existing job market. A quick and effective way to increase your skills set, your employment potential and add value to any organisation is to get Certified.
Demand for Salesforce experts is growing rapidly and companies are looking for proven professionals. Companies who use certified cloud specialists see smoother deployments and better use of Salesforce. Earning a credential from salesforce.com demonstrates that you have the skills and confidence to take full advantage of Salesforce and is arguably the best way to demonstrate credibility of your Salesforce.com expertise.
Studying for a certification will force you to explore and learn features of Salesforce that you may not have previously been exposed to, and once you’re ready to sit and pass the exam, you’ll be equipped with the expertise to help you use Salesforce to it’s full potential, for example:
- Provide a ‘go to’ person that co-workers can come to with their questions and ideas
- Help optimise and customise your Salesforce instance
- Participate in the strategic development of your Salesforce instance
- Help promote User adoption
Keeping your Certification up to date
To maintain Salesforce® certification credentials, all certified professionals must successfully complete three online, release-specific exams within a 12-month period. Release exams are published in conjunction with major product releases (Winter, Spring, and Summer).
What Certifications are available?
The most common Salesforce Certification includes:
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator should have a basic understanding of the Platform and the features it offers
- Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Administrator should have an understanding and a deep knowledge of the platform including complex features and functionality
Salesforce.com Certified Sales Cloud Consultant should have an understanding of sales processes, marketing, and a deep understanding of functionality within the Sales Cloud
- Salesforce.com Certified Service Cloud Consultant should have an understanding of call centers, telephony (CTI), and a deep understanding of the functionality within the Service Cloud including Service Cloud Console
- Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer should have an understanding of how development is performed on the platform, the resources available to developers, and a limited understanding of the syntax used within code
- Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Advanced Developer should have an understanding of how to properly develop on the Salesforce.com platform (understanding cloud constraints and coding appropriate), and can author Apex and VisualForce (including custom controllers).