Enhance your Customer Relationships
Every support request is an opportunity to enhance your relationship with your customers or generate additional revenue.
Case management enables you to make the most of each interaction and become a true champion of customer success
I’m sure we’ve all been there – trying to get an issue resolved by a customer service agent only to be shuffled back and forth between agents, explaining ourselves over and over again, waiting on hold for long periods of time for yet another person, hoping that finally someone will take ownership of your problem. The fact is no customer likes to explain themselves twice (or more) and no Customer Service agent likes to be in the dark about a customer’s history.
Become a Customer Company
“There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everyone from the chairman down, simply by spending his money somewhere else” – Sam Walton, 1977
Welcome to the world of the ever connected, always on, highly opinionated, on the move customer. This is a customer that now understands they have power, and they know how to use it. They have expectations and they have choices if those expectations aren’t met. They also have a voice and it is loud and far-reaching.
You need to recognise your customers are more than just numbers or accounts but are unique human beings with a distinct set of needs.
So… why use Salesforce.com for Case Management?
Firstly, what’s important to understand is that Salesforce won’t magically cure your company’s problems. It’s a tool that will help you be a more efficient, productive, and collaborative company, but it’s not a genie in a bottle that you rub and everything happens magically – it takes vision – and User adoption…Mike Gerholdt – Button Click Admin
That said, as a Salesforce System Administrator preparing to roll out a feature like Case Management – it’s not always easy to share the vision and convince end users that using Cases in Salesforce is the best way forward, especially if their current process has been around for a while and everyone is, well, just used to it.
So with that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of reasons to help end users understand, share the vision and embrace the Salesforce Case Management solution with both hands, forever freeing themselves from fumbling around in the dark trying to stay ahead in the cut-throat world of Customer Service.
What does Cases offer you – the end user?
- One centralised database
- Users have the ability to view all current and past support cases in one centralised database
- As Salesforce records are all linked to each other, users can quickly and easily find information about the customer and/or their company.
- Track the case owner, priority and status of every customer interaction
- Cases allow Agents to know all there is to know about your customer’s Case history so customers can feel ‘heard’ and your agents will have all the information at their fingertips to make them feel special
- Create support cases on the fly
- The image you’re on a call from a customer regarding a specific issue they’re experiencing with your product or service – enter all the details immediately and if you have auto response enabled, your customer can receive a case confirmation email containing their unique case number and details of their issue before you’re even finished the call
- Case Auto Response Emails
- Once a Case has been created and saved, your customer will automatically receive a confirmation email containing details of the case, their unique case number and contact details of their support agent
- Upon closing the case, your customer is again automatically emailed – you can even include the solution in the closing email if you choose
- Email to Case
- A new case is automatically created when an email is received to a nominated email address
- Auto-Responses means your customer is automatically emailed with their unique Case number and customer support contact details when their email is received
- Creating Case Queues will automatically assign cases to a specific user or group of users based on predefined criteria
- Agents can reply to customer emails from within Salesforce to preserve the email history
- Customer replies (incoming emails) are matched to existing cases and logged against the record creating a chronological email history
- The case email thread is included in outgoing emails so your customer can clearly see the email conversations that have occurred relating to their issue
- Add Comments as the case progresses
- You, or other members of your team, can add comments to track and record the progress of the case from beginning to end
- Anyone who views the record can see exactly what’s occurred on the case
- Collaborate with other team members
- Use Chatter to collaborate with your team members
- If you have a question or comment concerning a particular case – you can even collaborate with other departments – no more internal email!! – and again, anyone who views the record can see exactly what’s occurred on the case
- If you have a question relating to the case – Chatter it! and share the knowledge
- Workflow rules can be created to automate processes and free up valuable time for your Agent
- Escalation Rules
- Notify the user and/or Team Leader if a case has not been actioned within a reasonable amount of time
- Extensions to standard Case functionality
- Enable Case Feed for a more streamlined workspace
- Automatically assign email templates based on case criteria
- Customer Portals allow your customers to access their own case record and view the progress of their case online
In summary, as a System Administrator, it’s critical to promote user adoption by giving your end users as much reason to use the tool as you have for them to use it.
Enhance their experience:
- Get detailed constructive feedback – good or bad – all feedback is valuable
- Add new features if necessary to reduce user clicks
- Remove unused or unwanted features
- Remember – It can never be finished!
At SalesFix we are customer-centric, and we know how to help you to make your business customer-centric too using Salesforce as the catalyst. Having all of your customer’s data at your fingertips at all times is part of the key to providing really great customer service. Its what we pride ourselves on and part of the reason why we have attained Gold Partner status with Salesforce.
If you are in the market for an upgrade on your Salesforce platform and would like to manage your cases better, talk to us.
If it can be done in, done by or improved by Salesforce – it will be!
- One centralised database